Let’s talk about confidence. We all want to be confident. However, the reality of the matter is that some of us are lucky to be born with a confident edge while others grow into it. In today’s blog, we want to speak directly to those that are struggling to hold their head high as they attempt to build their careers. We all have our own personal journey when it comes to self-assurance, and there are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to finding true comfortability with who you are in this world. There is one thing that our team here at SilverFirst Inc is sure about when it comes to confidence; those who are comfortable in their skin have the upper hand in both their personal and professional lives. Below, we have listed ten habits that are guaranteed to help you lead a more self-assured, confident life!
- Wake up early. What does waking up early have to do with confidence? Everything! Your morning routine sets the pace for the rest of your day. Pull yourself out of bed, get into a productive headspace, and start getting things done!
- Set firm goals. In our opinion, to be confident, you need to see results. That means you need to set firm goals with clear-cut deadlines. Having high standards for yourself and your goals allows you to gain confidence with each success.
- Practice self-care. This tip is the creme de la creme of all confident individuals. To be a strong, positive force in this world, you have to put time aside to concentrate on your personal needs; this means focusing on your mental health, physical health, social life, etc.
- Have a strong sense of self. Confident people know themselves inside and out. It may seem crazy, but a lot of people go a lifetime without really knowing who they are as a person. Don’t be afraid to look at yourself in the mirror and be completely honest.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. It’s important to realize that one person’s success does not equal your failure. The number one confidence killer is comparing yourself to others.
- Don’t dwell on failures. Failure is merely an opportunity to learn and start anew. It won’t do you any good to fixate on things you can’t change.
- Assert your boundaries. Self-assured people are not afraid to say “no.” A sure sign of confidence is knowing what you want and being able to voice your needs.
- Celebrate others. When one of us succeeds, we all succeed! Being confident is not a selfish act. It is a characteristic trait that encompasses who you are in all aspects of your life, including how you interact with others. Learn to separate your goals, successes, and failures from those of your teammates. And when they hit their goals, be their loudest supporter. Trust us, your behavior, and confidence is contagious!
- Be humble. Quiet confidence is a sign of self-assurance. There’s no need to boast or brag when you are comfortable in your skin.
Hopefully, after reading these tips, you are feeling a little more comfortable in your skin. Our guess is that you have most likely already incorporated many of these habits into your daily life. Now, all you need to do is include them all and stay consistent. Gaining a confident attitude may be difficult for some of us, but remember, it’s not impossible. Keep your head held high, your eyes on your goals, and a smile on your face.